University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Assess, plan for, manage, and execute a small-scale data-management or digital-archiving project.
- Assess digital data for preservability; make yes-or-no accessioning decisions.
- Understand (and where relevant, apply) technological, economic, and social models of digital preservation and sustainability.
- Understand forms, formats, and lifecycles of digital data across a wide breadth of contexts.
- Evaluate software and hardware tools relevant across the data lifecycle.
- Construct a current-awareness strategy; assimilate substantial amounts of relevant writing.
- Self-sufficiently acquire technical knowledge.
No required textbook.
Link to Syllabus: