University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Broad awareness of digital technologies in use in libraries, archives, and other information agencies.
- Vocabulary and knowledge of conventions needed to communicate with technical staff.
- Ability to evaluate, plan and hire for, select, safely and securely work with digital technologies.
- Awareness of the social and legal forces that impact digital technologies; controversies surrounding them; and the complex relationship between digital technologies and the future of information agencies.
- Ability to contribute appreciably to a team working on a defined project; awareness of project-management tools and techniques.
- Sufficient courage, self-awareness, and skill for self-sufficiency in acquiring technical knowledge.
- Development of ethical and principled approaches to technology adoption and education.
No required textbook.
Link to Syllabus: