- To gain an understanding of the development and maintenance of information collections in various types of libraries and information centers.
- To prepare and interpret policies relating to the building of information collections of both traditional (books, periodicals, manuscripts, etc.) and electronic media.
- To become conversant with evaluation criteria in the selection process.
- To become conversant with sources and methods of acquisition of various forms of materials.
- To learn methods for collection assessment.
- To understand the basics of materials budgets and budget monitoring.
Evans, G. E., Saponaro, M. Collection Management Basics, 6th ed.
Link to Syllabus: