University of Washington
We already all know something about Search. After the course, you should know more. Specifically you should know more about:
- Search in all its many variations – in and outside the search “box”.
- The different search strategies and techniques.
- Choosing the right sources to search.
- Perspectives on search including those of the end user, search service providers, content providers and IT implementers of search.
- How search works. How is an index built? How are queries processed?
- Needs assessment and search evaluation.
Morville, P., Callender, J., St. Laurent, S. 2010. Search Patterns.
Link to Syllabus: