iSchool at Maryland
Supervised experience within library operations and/or the opportunity to solve a specific problem in a suitable library or other information agency. The goals of the course are to provide students an opportunity to:
- Gain hands-on, practical experience in a library setting/operation, with optional additional experience in solving a specific problem for that library.
- Expand their knowledge and skills appropriate for an entry level professional library position.
- Deepen understanding of practical and everyday issues in a library setting.
- Build a professional network for support and future employment.
- Clarify individual professional goals and strategies for development.
No required textbook.